Friday, September 16, 2011

Looking back

The biggest influence of my life would have to be sports and now that I am done playing competitive sports, I am starting to think about all the great times I've had. And one of my greatest memories would have to be back when I was playing for Alameda Youth Basketball in the 7th grade. I was already one of the best players in the league and a past all star, so I was capable of scoring a lot of points. Entering that game I had a really good feeling about my body and I felt like today would be a big day for me. In the beginning, I was doing everything I could to help our already talented team win yet another game and continue our undefeated season. We were all hustlers and wanted to destroy our opponents with our speed and pressure defense which drove the other teams crazy because no other teams played this type of defense. But this day was not about our team, it was about me. I was on fire, scoring every shot I put up and I was in the zone. I scored, caused turnovers, got assists and a bunch of rebounds.
I ended the game with 20 points(a career high), 10 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 forced turnovers. I was unquestionably the player of the game and I got many congratulations from teammates, their parents, coaches, friends, and family. This was an amazing day for me and probably the best basketball performance I have ever had. I will never forget that day for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment