Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Future

During this past week, I turned sixteen years old and I am very happy. For my birthday I received a stack of money because I did not know what I wanted besides a car. I had a lot of fun on that day getting a bunch of birthday wishes from my friends. Turning sixteen has made me feel more mature. I don't think of myself as a young teenager anymore because being sixteen is where I get my license, start planing out my future, and doing things that I would have never tried at fifteen. Getting to be this age has also gotten me to think about my future education. There is about two more years until I have to leave for college and I am extremely scared. I really do not want to leave all my friends and family and go off to school possibly in another state. I may have to start over my life, make new friends, and start to think about what I want to major in. Only two more years until I am a adult and I know they will go by fast.

I am about to start a new season in my Asian basketball league and I am very excited. This upcoming season will be my third year play in this organization and I finally feel like I am going to be one of the leaders. Many of our previous players have moved on to go play for a different team or to just focus on their school teams which means my brother and I will have the most experience playing in this league. I really want to see how I will do because I haven't played a game in a very long time because I quit my schools team. I think I have improved but I'm not sure, the only way to find out is to play. I am now practicing a lot in my backyard where I have a basketball hoop. I want to prove myself this year and I really want to be one of the best on the team. I have mostly worked on my shooting ability and footwork, which were my two weaknesses last season. I pretty much have my shoot down but I'm not sure about my footwork. I am also afraid if I am physically fit enough to handle all the running. I have not had a serious exercise session in a very long time and I think I am out of shape. But I will find out a way to eliminate these problems before the season starts. This organization is a traveling team that plays other organizations from San Francisco to Los Angeles which is always fun. Every year we have a trip to Los Angeles where we compete in a tournament with the top teams in California. We have not had a excellent season in the three years I have played but I think we can change that streak because we have a new coach, new players, and a whole new mentality. During this weekend, I plan to watch more of the Olympics and work on my driving again because I am very close to finally getting my license.

No comments:

Post a Comment