Friday, February 12, 2010

The Four Day Weekend

During the four day weekend my family and I planed to go to Tahoe for skiing. But we are unable to because my dad was not able to get a day of from work. It sucks, but at least I have some time to catch up on my school work and get a head start. I will also be hanging out with friends, watching the winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada, and the National Basketball Association aka the NBA's all star weekend. I look forward to completing all those tasks and looking at the good things I can accomplish instead of thinking about how much fun I would have had if I went skiing. Even though my plans didn't work out to what I thought, it will still be a lot of fun because their is no school for four days and I can do plenty of things during the break.

The Winter Olympics will be very exciting to watch because it includes snowboarding, skiing, and ice skating which are all very fun to watch. I am looking forward to the snowboarding event because I love watching boarders trow out their best tricks giving it their all trying to get the gold. Of course I will be rooting four the Americans because its our country. The All star game will also be fun to check out because it has the celebrity all star game, three point contest, dunk contest, skills challenge, the rookie vs. Sophomore game, and the all star game which includes the best players in the world gathering together to play one big game. I watch this event every year because I am a huge basketball fan and enjoy watching my favorite players participate. My favorite event will have to be the dunk contest because I love to watch players show us what they can do and how high they can jump. Hanging out with friends is always fun as well. So I am packed this weekend and will probably forget about my possible trip to Tahoe very shortly.

This four day weekend will be very enjoyable because of all the events going on around the world and just the fact that we do not have school for four days is amazing even if there is nothing to do. I will be catching up on my missing homework, trying to get my grades up for the upcoming progress reports. I will try to accomplish all the tasks I have mentioned before and will also try to work on my driving even though I think I am good enough to apply for my license but I still have of wait a couple of months. The four day weekend did not turn out as I planed, but I will still have a lot of fun enjoying everything that is happening with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment