Friday, November 20, 2009

This Week / Year

This week has been extremely chaotic. At the beginning, I was deciding weather I was going to play varsity football for the NCS playoffs. After a very tough decision, was going to give it a try. That day, we had our first practice and it was very boring. All I did was stand on the sidelines waiting for the coaches to give me a chance to play. But they never did. the time was going by extremely slow and I was very bored because I had not got on the field yet. When practice was coming to an end we had to condition our bodies. So we ran for a very long time and did other things that made us tired. After practice was over, I thought to myself, all I did during that practice was stand on the sidelines and condition myself. At that moment I realized that the team did not need me and it was pointless for me to play. So I quit the team. Another reason why I decided to quit was because I had basketball tryouts. The very next day I decided that I would go to the tryouts and play the sport I loved. The tryouts didn't go as I expected it to. I didn't know that I would be so rusty after not playing for only one month. I couldn't make a shot, executed drills incorrectly, and made bad decisions. I didn't think I was going to make the team. But the next day, after practicing hours at my house, I was much better. I was content with how I preformed but I know it was not the best of my abilities. I was frustrated and I didn't know how to make myself better. Even though I am getting better every practice, I am still not as good as I want to be. I also don't know what my chances are on making the team. Basketball is my favorite sport and I will be furious if I got cut from the team. This year has been very hard and frustrating but I know I have to forget about what has happened and move on with my life.

This year has been a confusing one. At first, I wanted to play for the football team after I decided I would give it up for good. After a very disappointing season, I had a decision to make on if I would like to play for the varsity team in the NCS playoffs. When I wanted to give it a try, I quit after the first practice. Then, trying out for the basketball team was extremely bad. I didn't and still don't know what is wrong with my game. Its hard to figure out what I am doing wrong and I need to fix it fast before I get cut from the team and give up sports for my life. I am very sure that if I do not make the basketball team this year, I will give it up for my whole life and focus on other things in life. This year has been very hard on me and I don't know when its going to turn around and if it ever will. But I will keep on focusing on the positive things and carry on from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment