Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How I Got Started

Sports have influenced my life in a huge way. It has given me confidence, determination, focus, and attentiveness. The traits that will lead me to success. Sports have helped me in many ways, including, being a better student, more active, and keeping me physically fit. I enjoy playing sports very much and want to continue for a long time. I am very good at almost every sport I play which makes me believe that I am a true athlete. I never get tired of playing sports because they are very fun and give me something to do in my free time. Sports have been a huge part of my life and it will continue to be for a extremely long time.

I was not always obsessed with sports like I am today. I started to get into sports when I was about 11 years old in the fifth grade. It started when my parents forced me to play in an organized sports league. At first I was skeptical about playing a sport because I didn't know how to play basketball. That whole year I was the worst player on my team, but it was very fun after I started to understand the game more clearly. After the season was over I was so obsessed about basketball that I would practice almost everyday at the park. When a couple of months past my parents knew that I wanted to play this sport for a long time. So that Christmas they bought me a basketball hoop as a present and I was extremely happy. After numerous hours of practicing the next season finally arrived and I was ready. This time I was much better and was one of the best on my team. When I realized I had improved so much I was happy but I knew I needed to keep on getting better. I carried this motive for every sport I played and that's how I think I am so athletic today. Till this day I have that mind set of improving on every sport I play and I hope to continue to play the sports I love for a very long time.

The reason why I decided to write about what caused me to love sports so much is to help motivate people to do the same. Everyone should take risks, even though they may seem scary. But you never know if that risk can change your life forever. I don't know what I would be like today if I didn't take that chance to play sports for the first time. It was extremely hard but I enjoyed it very much. If you have something that you enjoy doing stick to it no matter how hard it may be, in the end it will all pay off if you really enjoy doing it. I know taking risks isn't that easy but life is nothing without risks. Taking that one chance can changed your life dramatically and will make you extremely happy. That one chance has helped me in a great way by making me the man I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan, without perhaps realizing it, you've actually done a pretty good job of drafting a college entrance essay here. What it does is show your dedication, determination, and hard work over a long period of time...these are exactly the types of qualities you'll want to show when you apply for college. It's clearly organized and has lots of good details, too, so you simultaneously demonstrate that you are a good writer. So, well done.

    ReplyDelete